Location: Lannion, France
Type of contract: Full-time permanent position
For 20 years, Ekinops is driving the networking innovation of Layer 1, 2 and 3 network systems. This means that we innovate and we supply the optical and business networking systems that enable your daily digital collaborations from core network fibers to the enterprise routers.
Celestis is the software SDN solution of optical transport for Ekinops. It provides outstanding network automation, system intelligence and network operations that drive the core networks for OTN and WDM fibers.
Celestis is seeking a stellar SDN engineer who, using Java and Python, will lead new initiatives in the network automation and SDN space. The candidate will be responsible to drive SDN initiative using Yang based modern micro-services.
Your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Develop creative and innovate Java-based and Python-based SDN engine
- Craft and develop beautiful and intuitive WEB UI components that hide the complexity of the underlying fiber-based (WDM, OTN) telecommunication technologies.
- Write Linux based software programs, together with unit, integration tests and user documentation
- Integration components from open-source, Cisco NSO and our home-grown optical core engines
- Disseminate your knowledge to help increase the skills and know-hows of the team in your areas of expertise.
Profile and skills
As a software Development engineer, you will have the following skills:
- Engineering or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Proficient with Java, Maven, Python, PIP, Linux environments.
- Good understanding of HTTP/REST, Web Security, SDN, Netconf, concepts on Linux environments
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL, MySQL or MariaDB databases.
- Having a networking background with Telecom NOCs or MPLS related technologies would be a plus; abilities to understand Yang-based network modeling from IETF or other standardization bodies.
- Excellent communication (oral, written), fluent in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple/distributed teams.