Description of the job:
Ekinops is a leading provider of open and fully interoperable Layer 1, 2 and 3 solutions to service providers around the world.
As a mechanical development engineer based in Lannion, you will have responsibilities for designing, developing and testing mechanical parts of chassis and cards for our OTN / WDM hardware platforms. You will integrate an international hardware design team (France / Brazil) to develop, transponders, optical amplifiers, ROADMs, OTN Line and Switching cards for optical transport networks.
Skill of the applicant
- Engineer with strong mechanical background.
- Strong knowledge in mechanical design :
- Metal sheet design rules (bend radius, rivets, soldering process…)
- Mechanical assemblies with electrical connectors and PCB.
- Thermal management (Heatsink, Heat pipe, Vapor chamber …)
- Milling machine basic design rules.
- Experienced with electronic and thermal design, with airflow based on fan design.
- Strong skill in CAD systems (3D design tools, 2D drawing, Thermal simulation, PLM…) and specifically in Solidwoks tools suite.
- Good knowledge in Telecom and Datacom standards (ETSI, 19’’/21”/23’’, 300/600mm depth…) and DCI (Data Center Interconnect) environments.
Minimum of 5 years on Mechanical design in Telecom environment is required.
- You are used to work in a telecom environment
- You are comfortable working in an international environment in English language
- You are autonomous and self-learning
- You are continuously looking for improvement and you make proposals and alerts