Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
The team is located in Lannion (Brittany, France).
The NOKIA LANNION site is a technology center mainly focused today on 5G radio access, cybersecurity, and core network services.
In System-on-Chip unit, we are delivering communication ASIC’s and FPGA’s for Nokia Mobile Network product portfolio. Our core mission is to translate latest innovations and algorithms to state-of-the-art SoC’s and deliver both hardware and supporting software with high quality to Nokia products.
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you passionate about solving problems?
Nokia is developing the leading edge 5G solutions in Lannion.
As part of our team, you will:
Be working as Verification Engineer to join our 5G NR and 5G advanced SOC verification activities. Your tasks will be to create and develop test environments, create test cases, run simulations, analyze and debug the design, review documents, and create verification documentation for a SoC/IP block area. Focus areas for your work would be related to:
- 5G Layer 1 (L1) verification and debugging on the world leading System-on-Chips based on latest technology ASICs and FPGA’s.
- 5G L1 IP verification with support of fixed-point models.
- SOC top level verification including interfaces (Ethernet, CPRI), CPU (ARM), DSP, interconnect.
- Working with experts of different areas to ensure most competitive solutions.
- Cooperating with system engineers, RTL designers, HW/SW development, suppliers and other relevant functions to solve technical issues.Supporting HW/SW bring-up and debug.
More detailed planning of your role in the team will be done based on your current skill set and interest areas.
Your skills and experience
- Wireless/telecom receiver/transmitter algorithm understanding of radio standards such as 5G, LTE or WiFi.
- 5-10 years of experience on verification and object-oriented programming (System Verilog, UVM, Matlab, C++, VHDL).
- Experience in creating UVM environments.
- Knowledge on verification re-use between IP, subsystem, and SoC levels.
- Knowledge on formal verification methodology and tools.
- Fluent spoken and written English and French.
- Pro-activity, problem solving and communication with multiple R&D sites.
- Well-motivated and innovative to test & verify new 5G IPs and/or subsystems.
- Good understanding of digital signal processing and related mathematics.
You don’t need to master everything, but it’s important to acknowledge what you don’t know and to be open to develop yourself. Finally, do you have an ambition to become a 5G L1 SoC expert?
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
In Lannion, we can offer multi-cultural site & working environment in our renewed office, which is located in Lannion Anticipa Technopole and close to Seaside Resorts
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.